— New Whitepaper From SPECTRO Analytical Instruments —
Kleve, November 20, 2014 — A new whitepaper detailing how new ICP-OES spectrometer technologies are substantially cutting operating costs in environmental, industrial, and academic is available to download from SPECTRO Analytical Instruments at http://icp-oes.spectro.com/blue.
Controlling costs associated with the operation of ICP-OES instruments is a continuing challenge for laboratories, regardless of application, given the variety of operational, maintenance and hidden expenses that dramatically increase their total cost of ownership.
Traditional spectrometers bear the burden of a number of inherent problems in their design. A new whitepaper, titled “How New Spectrometer Technologies Substantially Cut Operating Costs,” explores how engineering innovations have addressed design issues to enable significant savings while improving performance. The advancements, detailed in the paper, include:
- New system designs that deliver improved uptime and throughput while reducing operating costs.
- A unique sealed optical system that abolishes the need for the constant purging of argon or nitrogen, eliminating purge gas consumables cost and purging delays.
- Improved spectrometer technology that removes the need for a separate, external, water-based cooling system along with the associated purchase, installation, power and maintenance costs.
- Innovations in optical technology that improve performance measures such as sensitivity and stability.
- A robust generator design that provides ample power reserves, so it can handle extreme plasma loads, and adapt to quickly changing demands.
Such advancements, according to the whitepaper, cut operating costs by enabling easier, less expensive installation, operation, and maintenance, while improving both ICP-OES performance and usability. Download “How New Spectrometer Technologies Substantially Cut Operating Costs” at http://icp-oes.spectro.com/blue.
The paper is authored by SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading global supplier of analytical instruments for optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry.
SPECTRO, a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., manufactures advanced instruments, develops the best solutions for elemental analysis for a broad range of applications, and provides exemplary customer service.
SPECTRO’s products are known for their superior technical capabilities that deliver measureable benefits to the customer. From its foundation in 1979 until today, more than 30,000 analytical instruments have been delivered to customers around the world.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical products with over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing and sales and service operations in the United States and 30 other countries around the world.