BOSTON, MASS. – May 13, 2008 – More than ever before, Americans are moving their televisions out of their living rooms and bedrooms – and into dedicated home media rooms. A space devoted to TV viewing presents unique room design challenges, and C. Davis Remignanti, Lead Design Consultant at FurnitureFind, offers the following tips:
- Let There Be Light: To optimize your home entertainment experience, you need to have total control over light. The best media rooms have few windows, room-darkening window treatments, and lights on dimmer switches. Total darkness is not the ideal – a small amount of dim light makes the images on high-definition TVs less straining on the eyes.
- Reserved Seating: Consider the number of seats you really need. A young or retired couple who don’t host “movie night” parties needn’t have seating for six. A family with two or three children may need, on occasion, to accommodate eight or more, making sectional sofas a good option.
- Time to Recline: When possible, try to work reclining furniture into your room’s décor. Nothing enhances your viewing please quite like feeling as though you are in the lap of luxury. Sure, recliners are a guilty pleasure, but they are the perfect choice for media rooms.
- Under Cover: Keep your electronics under wraps – no one likes a tangle of cords and wiring. Choose a media cabinet that has closeable doors and more storage than you think you’ll need. The chances are that every drawer and storage area will prove useful.
- Go Wireless: Even an inexpensive home theater speaker system will greatly enhance your viewing experience. But having speakers dotted all around the room can be logistically difficult. Consider a wireless speaker system to keep the room free of extraneous clutter and wires.
FurnitureFind provides an excellent shopping experience for their customers every step of the way – with the largest selection of brand-new merchandise from top manufacturers at the lowest prices and service only a phone call or email away.
* High resolution images available at: www.flickr.com/photos/25234299@N06/sets/72157604801981661/detail/
# # #
Tags: decorate, entertainment center, furnishing, furniture, Furniture.com, home, home decorator, home design, interior design, media cabinet, media room, media room furniture, recliners, sectional sofas