BOSTON, MASS. – May 13, 2008 – More than ever before, Americans are moving their televisions out of their living rooms and bedrooms – and into dedicated home media rooms. A space devoted to TV viewing presents unique room design challenges, and C. Davis Remignanti, Lead Design Consultant at http://www.furniturefind.com/, offers the following tips:
- Let There Be Light: To optimize your home entertainment (http://www.furniturefind.com/less-than-stronggreater-than-Entertainment-Furnitureless-than-stronggreater-than-C25957.html) experience, you need to have total control over light. The best media rooms have few windows, room-darkening window treatments, and lights on dimmer switches. Total darkness is not the ideal – a small amount of dim light makes the images on high-definition TVs less straining on the eyes.
- Reserved Seating: Consider the number of seats you really need. A young or retired couple who don’t host “movie night” parties needn’t have seating for six. A family with two or three children may need, on occasion, to accommodate eight or more, making sectional sofas (www.furniturefind.com/Simmons-Upholstery-Ebbtide-Sectional-SUP1377.html) a good option.
- Time to Recline: When possible, try to work reclining furniture (www.furniturefind.com/Home-Styles-5610-10-1001-HO1252.html) into your room’s décor. Nothing enhances your viewing please quite like feeling as though you are in the lap of luxury. Sure, recliners are a guilty pleasure, but they are the perfect choice for media rooms.
- Under Cover: Keep your electronics under wraps – no one likes a tangle of cords and wiring. Choose a media cabinet (www.furniturefind.com/Riverside-Furniture-34157-34158-RVF1263.html) that has closeable doors and more storage than you think you’ll need. The chances are that every drawer and storage area will prove useful.
- Go Wireless: Even an inexpensive home theater speaker system will greatly enhance your viewing experience. But having speakers dotted all around the room can be logistically difficult. Consider a wireless speaker system to keep the room free of extraneous clutter and wires.
FurnitureFind (http://www.furniturefind.com/) provides an excellent shopping experience for their customers every step of the way – with the largest selection of brand-new merchandise from top manufacturers at the lowest prices and service only a phone call or email away.
* High resolution images available at: www.flickr.com/photos/25234299@N06/sets/72157604801981661/detail/
# # #
Technorati tags: furniturefind, home design, home decorator, interior design, furniture, furnishing, home , decorate, media room furniture, media room, entertainment center, sectional sofas, recliners, media cabinet