SMITHFIELD, R.I., (December 1, 2014) — Honeywell’s VeriPRO system enables safety managers to easily create an accurate, real-world picture of their employees’ hearing protection. With VeriPRO, managers can determine the individual protection level of a worker fitted with any earplugs through a simple listening test — and then decide whether the employee is receiving optimal protection from the earplugs, requires additional fit training, or needs to try a different model.
VeriPRO features include:
- Measures each employee’s Personal Attenuation Rating (PAR) – the individual protection level for that worker wearing a particular earplug
- Works with any earplug, corded or uncorded, from any manufacturer
- Fulfills regulatory requirements to ensure proper initial fitting of hearing protection
- Documents training and proper fit for new or existing employees
- Provides an ideal opportunity for one-on-one education
The VeriPRO 3.0 upgrade ensures that hearing protection fit testing has never been easier by delivering:
- More efficiency — as users can enter and edit any earplug from any manufacturer; earplug size is documented for many earplugs; and controls are improved for faster testing;
- More versatility — as information uploading is easier; installation is available in 32-bit or 64-bit formats; and test results default to industry standard, or user-determined, measurements;
- A more user-friendly experience — with simplified installation on Windows PCs, customized installation options, and a wider range of report formats.
The VeriPRO 3.0 upgrade is free for all currently registered VeriPRO users to download at http://www.howardleight.com/veripro/resource.
The VeriPRO 3.0 system is available from industrial safety distributors in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit http://www.howardleight.com/veripro.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell Safety Products
Honeywell Safety Products (HSP), a global manufacturer of leading personal protective equipment (PPE) and provider of safety solutions, helps company employees make safer decisions on their own and build an enduring culture of safety. With world class brands such as Honeywell®, Uvex®, North®, Howard Leight®, Miller®, Fibre-Metal® and Servus®, HSP offers a full range of quality PPE, including: protective clothing; fall and hearing protection products; solutions that protect hands, head, feet, eyes and face; along with respiratory, welding, first-aid, lockout/tagout and traffic safety equipment. Lead them to safety—visit www.honeywellsafety.com/culture to learn more.