NORWOOD, MASSACHUSETTS, USA, July 25, 2011 - Advanced Instruments, Inc., today introduced the A2OTM Advanced Automated Osmometer, a multi-sample instrument that sets new benchmarks for analytical performance, ease of use, and true walk away operation capabilities in osmolality testing. The announcement was made at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry’s 2011 Clinical Lab Expo.
“The A2O represents a major step forward in osmometry technology and offers clinical laboratory customers an exceptional opportunity to enhance their productivity and workflow,” said Kelly Peterson, product manager, Advanced Instruments. “It combines a highly functional design, exceptional performance, and an intuitive software control package that is both powerful and elegantly simple to operate.”
A2O Eliminates Time-Consuming Manual Pipetting
With its intelligent liquid handling, the A2O is the first osmometer to eliminate time-consuming and labor-intensive manual pipetting – the leading cause of sampling errors and inaccurate test results. The instrument fully automates sample processing to achieve dramatic gains in laboratory productivity and efficiency.
The instrument’s flexible software brings exciting new features and benefits to clinical laboratories:
- Intuitive touchscreen interface provides easy-to-use functionality and operation
- Integrated quality control features include automated system calibration, statistical monitoring and reporting, method control limits for controls and patient samples, and built-in system linearity checks
- Selectable system operation and access levels provides operator login and password protection
- Positive sample identification eliminates transcription errors
- Sample testing protocols can be customized specifically for each laboratory’s unique test requirements
“Advanced Instruments has leveraged its 50 years of freezing-point technology experience to revolutionize osmolality testing,” said Peterson. “The A2O’s technology will allow clinical laboratory users to achieve more results, faster – and more efficiently.”
For more information on the A2O Advanced Automated Osmometer, visit http://www.aicompanies.com/A2O or call +1 781.320.9000.
About Advanced Instruments, Inc.
Advanced Instruments, Inc., and our subsidiaries, Delta Instruments and Mart® Microbiology, design and manufacture instrumentation for clinical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, microbiology, and food laboratories. Our quality brands include Spiral Biotech, Fiske Associates, and D & F Control Systems. The products we make help healthcare providers improve their quality of care, and industrial companies enhance their quality and productivity.
Advanced Instruments products are available from a worldwide distributor network. For more information on our products and services or to find your nearest distributor, visit us at http://www.aicompanies.com or e-mail us at email@example.com.
# # #
Note to Editors:
- Download high-resolution photos for publication from: http://www.aicompanies.com/documents/image/A2O.jpg